2.1.4 Release Notes¶
Channels 2.1.4 is another bugfix release in the 2.1 series.
Bugfixes & Small Changes¶
- Django middleware is now cached rather than instantiated per request resulting in a sigificant speed improvement. Some middleware took seconds to load and as a result Channels was unusable for HTTP serving before.
- ChannelServerLiveTestCase now serves static files again.
- Improved error message resulting from bad Origin headers.
runserverlogging now goes through the Django logging framework to match modern Django.
- Generic consumers can now have non-default channel layers - set the
channel_layer_aliasproperty on the consumer class
- Improved error when accessing
scope['user']before it’s ready - the user is not accessible in the constructor of ASGI apps as it needs an async environment to load in. Previously it raised a generic error when you tried to access it early; now it tells you more clearly what’s happening.
Backwards Incompatible Changes¶